At Bottesford Juniors we are committed to promoting the safeguarding and welfare of our pupils and we are required, along with ALL other schools, to take any reasonable actions to ensure the safety of all pupils.
Parents should be aware that our school work closely with all other agencies to ensure the safety of our children. In cases where the school has reason to be concerned that a child is subject to ill-treatment or neglect or from any form of abuse, staff have no alternative but to follow North Lincolnshire Council's Procedures and inform social services of their concerns. This is a legal and moral obligation.
- Our designated school safeguarding leads are Mr Phil Brown (Headteacher), Mrs Rachel Ogle (Assistant Head) and Mrs Gill Carpenter. Our named Safeguarding governor is Mrs Claire Holmes.
- All staff receive annual Safeguarding training and are fully aware of the Designated Safeguarding Lead's role and responsibilities.
- All Staff and Governors at Bottesford Juniors have undertaken a DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) check as part of their employment roles within school.
- Any regular parent volunteers or peripatetic staff are also required to undertake a DBS check as part of the school's safeguarding procedures.
- All visitors are required to sign in and out of the school via the visitor book and wear visitor identification lanyards.
To view our latest Safeguarding Policy please refer to the policies page.