Sports Premium Funding
The Sports Premium Funding
As a school we must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of the physical education (PE), physical activity and sport that we provide.
This means that we should use the PE and sport premium to:
- develop or add to the PE, physical activity and sport that your school provides
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
We should use the PE and sport premium to secure improvements in the following 5 key indicators:
1.Engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
2. Ensure the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
3. Increase the confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4. Broaden experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all of our pupils
5. Increased participation in competitive sport
These 5 key indicators can be seen in our published reports
Sports Premium Funding Statement
School Sport Timetable
The sporting facilities on the lower playground have enabled us to provide sporting opportunities for all pupils throughout the school during the school day. A structured timetable led by Mr Smith led allows for the whole school to be involved in organised and inclusive sport throughout the day, at morning and afternoon play for specific year groups whilst lunch times being an opportunity for all year groups.